The Trails Illustrated Sangre de Cristo Wilderness map (#138) is a topographic trail map of the Sangre de Cristo Wilderness area near Westcliffe, Colorado. Printed in color on durable tear-resistant plastic. It is everything you need to navigate the trails of the Sangre de Cristo and the Great Sand Dunes National Park area.
- The map covers the entire Sangre de Cristo Wilderness and the Great Sand Dunes Park and Preserve. The map also includes parts of surrounding San Isabel and Rio Grande National Forests and nearby areas such as: Blanca Wetlands (BLM), Salida, Rainbow ATV trail, Westcliffe, Texas Creek and large portions of the Arkansas River from Salida eastward.
- TRAILS: Venable Lakes trail, Bushnell Lakes trail, Rainbow Lakes trail, Lake of the Clouds trail, Cotton Creek, Major Creek, Garner Creek trails, Upper Sand Creek trail, Music Pass trail, Sand Ramp and Mosca Pass trail, Lily Lake trail, South Zapata Trail and more.
- Map includes markings for Arkansas River put-in boating sites, camp sites, and other public BLM and forest service facilities.
- Clearly marked hiking trails and public access roads including 4WD trails
- Camping sites, boating, and other recreational facilities are clearly marked
- Printed on tear-resistant plastic
- Reliable (created by the professionals at National Geographic)
- Sangre de Cristo wilderness restrictions and regulations are shown
- Topography lines and terrain shading to aid orienteering
- Latitude/longitude and UTM coordinates are located along the map border.
- GPS compatible
- 1000 meter UTM grid. When used with map datum NAD 27, these coordinates provide an approximate location fix.
- Selected waypoints are included on the map.