The Trails Illustrated South San Juan Wilderness map (#142) is a topographic trail map of the South San Juan wilderness area near Del Norte and Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Printed in color on durable tear-resistant plastic. This map is what you need if you are navigating the trails of the South San Juan wilderness area.
- The map covers nearly the entire South San Juan wilderness. (only a very small northern portion is not included), and large portions of the San Juan and Rio Grande National Forests near South Fork and Del Norte, Colorado.
- TRAILS: Continental Divide Trail, Dipping Lakes Trail, Los Pinos Trail, La Manga Stock Driveway, Red lake Trail, Elk Creek Trail, Valle Victoria Trail, Canon Verde Lake Trail, Glacier Trail, South Fork Conejos Trail, Canon Rincon Trail, El Rito Azul Trail, North Fork Conejos Trail, Fish Creek Trail, Adams Fork Trail, Treasure Creek Trail, Little Blanco Trail, Blanco River Trail, Quartz Creek Trail, Leche Creek Trail and more.
- Map covers Cumbres Pass, Summit Pass, a large portion of the South San Juan wilderness area, Platoro Reservoir, La Jara Reservoir, Tierra Amarilla Grant, Summitville, and the towns of Del Norte and South Fork.
The red line on the map below gives an approximation of the South San Juan – Del Norte Trails Illustrated Map coverage.
A sample portion of the South San Juan – Del Norte Trails Illustrated Map #142 is provided below.
- Hiking trails shown and clearly marked
- Durable (printed on tear resistant plastic)
- Reliable (created by the professionals at National Geographic)
- 1:63,360 scale to show large areas on one single double-sided map yet show enough detail for basic navigation
- Topography contour lines and terrain shading to aid orienteering (80 ft. contour intervals)
- Latitude/longitude and UTM coordinates are located along the map border.
- GPS compatible
- 1000 meter UTM grid. When used with map datum NAD 1927, these coordinates provide an approximate location fix.
- Selected waypoints are included on the map.
- Revised: 2008